Friday, November 04, 2005

An overdue apology

I few days ago, I had a strange experience. I was at the grocery store, buying a few things for lunch, when an ex-boyfriend who figured largely in why I am such a screwed up individual walked up and started talking to me. After a little small talk, he apologized for screwing up my life. I told him I was 34 now, and was over it, and it was at that moment that I realized that I was right. I really am ok now. He said he didn't know how much it meant now, but I said that he thought enough to say it, and that had to mean something. It was, on the whole, a strange thing, but I think actually getting an apology really does mean something to me. It doesn't change anything, but at least I know that at least one other person out there has given some thought to things that happened to me. And, in the end, I am okay.