Friday, November 04, 2005

One little post about Tapioca...

I post one little thing about tapioca, and suddenly Google Ads is matching me up with "Aging", "Senior Chat" and "Women over 40". Ah, well... A few days ago, it was showing ads matching "Islam Jihad" and so on, as if my blog, on the whole, was of particular interest to Muslims or jihadis. And then, of course, for quite a long time before that, it had my content pegged as the kind of thing that you'd attach ads for HipHop to.

Watching what comes up on my Google Ads is getting to be some sort of weird hobby of mine. It makes me want to post things about rare species of birds and extreme babysitting, just to see what their program thinks would be a good match for my content.

Which reminds me... I have another site, mmorpg related, that I have broken completely. I originally signed up for the Google Ads for that site, and just added them here when I saw a link to them on the blogger.com site. I need to fix my other site so that I can enjoy the wonder and joy that is Google ads.

I love Blogger, by the way. I have had blog/journal/diary type things elsewhere, but this remains the one I actually use.

Oh, and my display name... I saw my randomly generated Spammer name and thought it was funny. A few days later, it was still funny, so I thought I would use it for a while.