Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sleeeeeep. I need sleeeeeep...

It's a little bit after 8am. I woke up just before the alarm this morning, at 6:43. I am not entirely sure you can call it "waking up" though, since I am not sure you can call what I was doing immediately prior to that "sleeping". My 2 year old crawled into bed with me at some point and we were waging a mostly unconscious battle for my pillow and the space on my side of the bed, which isn't conducive to sound sleep.

Did I mention that I didn't go to bed until 1am or so? I think I missed that point. Late night, early morning, kid in my bed... Yeah, I need more sleep. I think I am going to go back in there, shove the kid over to my husband's side of the bed, and then hog my pillow to myself for a couple more hours.

The kid will be fine without the pillow. She sleeps sideways in her favorite chair in the shop, after all. And on the floor. And in a carseat. And I've seen her curled up on the couch with her head on her feet. How hard could it be for her to sleep in bed without hogging my pillow?

I recently signed on at SparkPeople.com, and one of my starter, "Fast Break" goals is 8 hours of sleep a night. HA! Maybe I should go pick something I'll actually do.