Monday, April 23, 2007

I Need to Fix My Template and Other Tales From the Lazy Side

I changed my layout some time ago but haven't yet finished editing the template to my liking. I have links to add and maybe a little more customization to add. I just can't seem to make myself do it. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty trivial, but I'd like to have it done. I just haven't felt like doing it.

I think I have driven away what few readers I had from my Yahoo 360 blog. I set it to be readable by "friends", which kind of limited my audience right out of the gate, but then I went through a string of posts that were essentially screenshots of my Lineage 2 character with commentary on my outfit in each. I just got another set of armor upgrades, so it may be time to go annoy my Yahoo "Friends" some more. I realize it is a stupid thing to post about that has no meaning in the real world or to anyone at all but me, but posting about it means that I am not talking about it "in real life", so it keeps me from being as boring as I could be.

I was going to write poetry for my myspace blog, but after the first post of bad haiku, I got distracted with writing stories elsewhere instead. I started a story about the joy of marriage, tentatively titled, "Why Do I Need A Mirror When I Have You?" and then last night, I started a second story about aliens stranded on Earth.

I have a sick toddler sleeping on me. I need to take her to the doctor. I was up half the night with her, so sleeping seems like a good idea to me. I guess I'll get dressed and drive up to the doctor's office to get an appointment. Experience has taught me that calling would mean getting a busy signal til noon, then the answering service from noon til 1, and then I might get an appointment some time after that. Going in is faster and more productive.

Off I go!