Monday, August 21, 2006

In the Dark, No Escape

I am tired beyond words, and frustrated beyond even primal grunting. My head hurts. And yet, I don't really want to complain. I want to fix this. That's the story of my life, always trying to fix everything.

I have some applications for bottom-of-the-foodchain jobs. The application from Dairy Queen in the mall basically just wants to know if I have a name and a pulse, while the application from the Hallmark store is so long that I am wondering if working there requires some sort of government clearance. I may try applying for some jobs a couple of links up on the foodchain, but I am pretty sure I am the plankton and those jobs are for fish.

Tonight, though, I am not going to think about it. Right now, I am going to brush my teeth, wash my face, and go to sleep.