Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Craziness

I've been so up and down over the last few days. Last month's mortgage payment got screwed up between the mortgage company and the bank. A partial payment we'd made ended up getting applied to escrow, so it wasn't counted, and then I mailed a check (priority mail) for the other part of the payment, but when I called and talked to a rep to make sure the two payments were properly combined, they said they hadn't gotten it, so I made a payment over the phone and called the bank to put a stop payment on the check, and the bank apparently stopped BOTH payments. None of the money paid in November counted, so when I paid my payment on Dec. 1, it was applied to November, and now they say we owe another whole payment for December.

Great.

So, the whole time I was working at the bowling alley, I was thinking that I was going to pay back the school so I wouldn't have any troubl registering, but it got put off and put off and, you guessed it, I can't register now. Gotta wait til I have the money on Monday... BUT... There's a always a "but"! Two of the four of the classes I was going to register for have only 1 or 2 seats available. So I guess I pray I can get in on Monday.

Yay.

I don't know how we're going to manage to get anything for the kids for Christmas. I mostly worry about the little ones. I don't want them to think Santa forgot them or that they were too naughty for Santa to bring presents. I have some ideas though. I think I could do it all on about $50.

I have been applying for jobs. I applied for 3 today. But even if I start tomorrow, I won't get the money for Christmas. I have some other projects I am working on that might get me some money, but not enough fast enough.

Just gotta keep plugging away at it.

A few short years ago we had 4 times the income we have now and we never appreciated it. I have learned so much from all we've been through.