Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The First Day of Ramadan

Today is the first day of fasting for Ramadan for Muslims in North America. I realize that doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot to other people, but I thought I would mention it. If your Muslim co-worker is getting a little testy with you come 3pm, try to be sympathetic and don't offer him a Snickers.

I am sick. I am feeling a little better than yesterday, but that just means I have gone from feeling like shit to feeling like crap. I still have wall-to-wall chest congestion.

Bleh.


I have got a lot on my plate today and tomorrow. After that is a four day weekend, and I have little hope of getting anything done with the kids running around. Two of the six may be leaving Friday night with the ex, but that's not much help. Those are 2 of the three oldest, and the three youngest are the difficult ones. Those three feel like six.

So, what's on my plate? Laundry. TONS of laundry. General housecleaning. Job hunting. Rearranging my various websites and starting a complete overhaul on at least one. And then there's dinner and kids' homework and the neverending demands of a 5-month-old. Somewhere in there, I need to go to the store for groceries and diapers.

I plan on creating a couple of more blogs. I want to move my Jaaje blog off of angelfire, and perhaps create another blog for language sketches and other language-related thoughts. But, on the other hand, I don't want to spread myself too thin, either, so maybe I'll bring all my linguistic nonsense here.

New sales today at the closest grocery store. I guess I'll go see if they have anything good. Last week I got a nice salmon fillet that I broiled with salt, pepper, and a little fresh lime juice. Yum.