Friday, September 23, 2005

Holy Burning Lips, Batman!

I had gotten some hot peppers out of the "hot variety" bin-- 2 red cherry-type peppers, a big yellow one, and a long, crinkly green one. I didn't use them as I had originally intended, and they were starting to look a little sad on my counter, so I minced them up today, in a bowl with half an onion and some garlic (both minced as well), and some little bits of sun dried tomatoes. I was going to put some dried cilantro in there, but I can't find it for the life of me, even though I just used it last night. I thought I might squeeze a lime on it too, but I'll have to get one from the store. So, the pepper mix is in the fridge, chilling out til I get back to it.

I licked one of my fingers after chopping the peppers. Yep. They are hot. They certainly are.

My youngest, my daughter, nearly 5 months old now, scooted herself under my desk and ate the first page of one of my recent constructed language projects, which I was using as a source of vocabulary for Jaaje. In the amount of time it took me to get her a bottle, no less. She's going to be something. She's very mobile for a baby who hasn't learned to crawl yet, and she's got an uncanny knack for ending up strange places, getting into stuff not meant for her.

I need to go to the store now. I need to shop for the week, but I'm having a terrible time making my list. I should probably eat something before I go, or I'll come home with a cart full of Twinkies and Pepsi. I buy crap food when I am hungry.