Thursday, February 17, 2005

Music/Sex, and Baby Links

****This first section is probably TMI****

I have come to the conclusion that auditory stimulation is necessary for me to really enjoy sex. I like to *hear* my partner and the various sounds bodies make when intimately engaged. At the same time, having music playing in the same room is a bad, bad thing. It's as if I can only experience one auditory sensation at a time, and the music always wins. Even if it music that I can't stand.

Music is a different sensation, and I forget what I was doing in bed if there's music playing where I can hear it. Heaven forbid there be other people talking where I can hear, or, worse yet, people speaking some interesting and exotic language... Then it is all over.

It might be nice if I had a more talkative partner in bed to help me stay focused on him and what he's doing, but the husband says he doesn't know what to say and he always feels silly saying anything. I mean, with me, he could say just about anything and it would be better than nothing... Oh, well.

****OK, that's enough about my ever-so-personal life****

As I've mentioned before, we're expecting a baby this spring. I've been cruising the web, looking at parenting and baby sites a lot, as a result.

I've got an interest in "babywearing" (i.e. carrying the little critter around), so I have been looking at sites related to that, and related to making the various sorts of carriers myself. Here's a couple of links in that direction: Mamatoto and Rev. Jan's.

I also found a little site on raising bilingual children: bilingualbabies.org, which I guess is a sort of extension of the Multilingual Babies forum over on BabyCenter.

And on a non-baby related note...

I added the latest edition of the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook to my wishlist over at amazon.com, but until someone decides to buy that for me, allrecipes.com remains my best friend. As far as the cookbook on my wishlist, I've got a 1986 or 87 paperback edition falling apart in my kitchen, and my mom has a much older, much used ringbound edition that I've used from time to time. It's a really good "how do I make regular food" cookbook, in either edition.

I need to go make some dinner now. I am making nachos tonight. Chips, taco meat, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. Yum.

I'm going to have heartburn sooo bad tonight.